this is an ongoing effort to stand up and maintain an open, accessible library (or database) of futures scenarios, prompts, and forecasts along with external links to repos of futures scenarios, prompts, and forecasts--prompts on behalf of the Design Futures Initiative (https://www.futures.design/) and the Speculative Futures Austin chapter (https://www.meetup.com/ATX-Speculative-Futures/)
(wip - food for thought - fodder for discussion)
in thinking through an approach to structuring this library of scenarios, what taxonomy or manner of imposing order seems most appropriate?
structure taxonomy around Scenario Archetypes / Future Arcs?
- Growth; Constrained Growth
- Constraint; Environmental Sustainability
- Transformation; High-tech Transformation
structure taxonomy around STEEP Lenses / Domains of Focus?
structure taxonomy around the World Economic Forum's System Initiatives?
- [System Initiative on Shaping the Future of] Consumption
- [...] Digital Economy and Society
- [...] Economic Progress
- [...] Education, Gender and Work
- [...] Energy
- [...] the Environment and Natural Resource Security
- [...] Food Systems
- [...] Financial and Monetary Systems
- [...] International Trade and Investment
- [...] Health and Healthcare
- [...] Long-term Investing, Infrastructure and Development
- [...] Information and Entertainment
- [...] Mobility
- [...] Manufacturing and Production
structure taxonomy around DAVOS sectors?
- non business - public sector
- non business - civil society
- non business - arts
- non business - academia
- banking and finance
- media and entertainment
- health & life sciences
- information technology
- professional services
- food, beverages & goods