considering or presenting something complicated in a simple way, especially a way that is too simple:
having a limited or narrow outlook or scope. "this worldview seems incredibly naive and parochial"
an artistic work in a style that imitates that of another work, artist, or period. "the operetta is a pastiche of 18th century styles"
imitate the style of (an artist or work). "Gauguin took himself to a Pacific island and pastiched the primitive art he found there"
characterized by attack on cherished beliefs or institutions. "a fresh, even an iconoclastic, influence could work wonders"
similar: critical, skeptical, nonconformist, dissident, subversive
There are those who take the world at face value, keep the computers putin’, and don’t know to feel otherwise. The other type of person in this world has seen something wicked and the rest of their life is spent reconciling that vision against their existence.
— Eddie Huang, Single Asiatic Male Seeks Ride or Die Chick
Ten Essential Questions to Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
1) Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
2) Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or short-term gratification?
3) Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
4) Am I looking for what’s right or am I looking for what’s wrong?
5) Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
6) Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
7) Does this choice empower me or does it disempower me?
8) Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
9) Is this an act or faith or an act of fear?
10) Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?