- proportion distortion, Alice in Wonderland syndrome (lose bodily awareness). Like Giacometti. Squash and stretch the body!
- organized chaos. Things are falling apart but completely under control </3
- Bringing cartoon logic into the real world (applying those rules to real life; what would happen?)
- 'Irony is a good thing to shoot for.' Interacting with surroundings / furniture in a nonsensical way
- normalizing outsiderhood (times square elmo w helmet off smoking a cig, astronaut holding a kitten, teletubby drinking wine in the shower.) aggressively out-there but treated as completely normal
- humans mimicking objects and objects mimicking humans
My own thoughts:
- uncanny but not horror, wholesome & natural
- aggressively wholesome. Doesn't want it to be exclusive in any way.
- Subvert punk music's tendency to = white male aggression.
- Examining masculinity, not sexualizing women
- Broadcast technology = loose concept abt album
Ideas for Fairfax house:
- Work around door jams, inside & outside windows, other boys carrying Max, ARMS and limbs everywhere.
- Fast motion wholesome group, falling down and falling apart but won't leave each other behind.
- Mimic structure of the house / furniture. Like someone becomes a stool and max sits on him while the other guy stands holding a light like a lamp.