Maybe a bug
On the mobile app (iOS): When I upload two or more images to a channel in a row, the second image block is always displayed as the previously uploaded image. Only the file name is correct. When I remove the connection and upload again it works. This happens every time I upload multiple images in a row to a channel via the mobile app.
A way to set some of your channels to not show up in your followers' feeds, but still show up on your profile.
Thinking about moving Kinopio stuff from Are.na to something else (maybe Futureland.tv) .
Are.na is cool as a social networky thing to browser, but It really sucks that it's getting increasingly hostile to use for Kinopio biz stuff:
no support for videos/mp4s (which is what I use to capture WIPs)
gif upload/support is hyper buggy, I'd be okay converting to gifs because it's what I have to do for discourse, but even that doesn't work
really slow. Takes seconds, sometimes 10s to load a page. And it takes a couple page loads to get from the homepage to the channel I want to post into. Very frustrating, and very often felt.
buggy (in safari), opening blocks creates a white background overlay that sometimes doesn't go away and breaks page navigation. This bug has been around for months.
little sense of development progress. Even when I look for it, I can't find a changelog/what's-new for are.na
Feeling dumb about putting an are.na link on the @kinopioClub twitter pinned post which I can't edit ...
Picture Room (NYC) is looking for an Assistant to the Director 2-3 days per week. Details below. LMK if you know anyone ([email protected])
- Shipping Picture Room Web Orders (usually 2-5 a week)
- Following up on Web Orders or In Store orders, making sure things that are framed are shipped in a timely manner
- Coordinating with the framer
- Gathering research and looking for new artworks based on briefs from Sandeep
- Helping put together client decks in InDesign
- Corresponding with artists for Special Projects
- Taking artwork to printers, picking up proofs, and assisting with the coordination of print editions (we have several in the works right now)
- Using Photoshop to edit artwork images into frames when necessary
- Handling Appointments if Sandeep is unavailable
- Coming along to site visits
- Assisting Sandeep with Installations when necessary
- Occasionally assisting with the logistics of Salter House production (eg, Daydress label)
Day Owl (sustainable bag company) is looking for a creative director with a background in graphic design to join the team. Would work with me and @jamesgall. https://www.dayowl.com/pages/join-our-team for more info.
Hi Hi ,
hallo internet workers, i am looking for small-medium freelance gigs for the coming months.
i put together a page here https://andrefincato.info/job.html