“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke
- Do I learn new things from this person?
- Do they show me things about myself?
- Do they show up for me like I do for them?
- Do I feel held?
- Do I feel safe?
- Do I feel seen?
- Can I be my authentic self around them?
- Do they communicate efficiently?
- Does my inner child feel safe around them?
- Have they done their inner work? Or are they willing to do so?
- What is their experience of love previously? (this will affect how they love me)
- Does this connection nourish my soul or feed the ego?