1) What do you first remember most fondly about using the internet?:
My first memory of the internet is my Mum showing me that music video where they’re dancing on treadmills. (OK Go - Here It Goes Again)
2) What do you think has changed the most since your early years on the web?:
That it’s know longer considered a nerdy hobby for caricatured dweebs in American films. Now if someone says they know how to code its not assumed that they’re also social rejects.
Think about Internet dating, it's no longer considered for lonely weirdos, but everyone uses it and it's really normal.
3) How do you use the internet and what do you mostly use it for?:
Reading newspapers and magazine. Can’t afford to buy them properly but I sneak free trials and other peoples memberships all the time.
4) What is your biggest concern about the internet and/or the future of the web?:
The fact that there are loads of websites that look like legitimate media sites but actually any random fuck-head can write on them and there’s no one there to point out its an insane conspiracy theory.
5) What would you change about the way we use the internet or how it is controlled now?:
Almost anyone who says they need twitter for work is lying unless they’re actually trying to start the Arab Spring or lives in China. So I would make everyone who wants a social media account to have to apply like they’re trying to get one of those blue plaques on a building. Only really interesting people with jobs that actually need it are allowed one.
6) Link your favourite website (This could be a link to a site that you love now or simply a site that you loved from your internet childhood):
It’s a boring answer but
Job Role/Description: Artist