Manifesto for everyday Life:
by Lars Høie
- Individual creativity is a dogma of contemporary softcapitalism, rather than the domain of non-conformist artists: fiction is everywhere.
- Roland Barthes’ ‘Death of the Author’ revealed that authorship is a capitalist construct. It did not stop authorship; it only showed its hollowness.
- If we had to ask for permission, we would not exist.
- Art is a license to do things wrong. The rest of the world just tries to get it right. We aim to fail, to not know, to run fast and break things.
- Start copying what you love. Copy, copy, copy. At the end of the copy, you will find yourself.
- You can be copied but you can’t be imitated.
- We must seek to explore new frontiers of creativity, for they are the last hope.
- Ignore your inner voice. Seek instead to adopt voices and opinions that are not your own. This will make them your own.
- If you do something wrong for long enough people will eventually think of it as right.
- Innovate only as a last resort.
- Choice is authorship! Legitimate authorship!
- The moment you stand up in front of people, you are no longer authentic.
- Acting is plagiarism.
- My intention is simply to create work that contaminates history.
- Anyone can do what I do, but they do not dare it. They are afraid of being called frauds, fakes, thieves.
- Art is something that makes nothing happen.
- Love art, hate the art world!
- Every word I say is stupid and false. All in all, I am a pseudo.
- If something is not false, do not trust it.
- I want the freedom not to be great.
"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."
-- Robert Henri
I've been told my character is calm and quite introverted on occasions or the total opposite during specific moments. I’ve come to terms with the mix and channelled that energy towards my debut album ‘Textures’, using the analogy of the Ghanaian Fisherman I observed whilst I was there.
Fishermen go out at sea early in the morning to catch their produce. Early in the morning is peaceful, there's hardly any noise when they're at sea, no distractions. This makes up part of my character. The sea comes with numerous sailing conditions which symbolise the change in intensity and genre fluidity of my music: Hagan Edits, Right Here, Tropics, Espirito Santo, Forward Focus, Yenkyi, my remixes.