1. Mind your own business
2. Stay connected to the land
3. Say yes; seek joy wherever you can find it
4. Don’t work with the best/idealised version of yourself; work with the realistic version. Accepting the realistic version is the viable route to becoming better
5. You don’t have to participate in the game as it is. There are always alternatives; they might just be difficult
6. Remember the times you didn’t handle tough situations well
7. Be generous with your knowledge and readily seek the knowledge of others
8. Don’t take yourself too seriously but take the things you care about seriously
9. Don’t make assumptions about other people and ignore the ones they make about you
10. Craft your response based on how you would like someone to respond to you
11. Always take risks; feel the fear and do it anyway
12. Tell people how you feel. What you do shouldn't be about pride, but to free yourself.
13. It izzzz.........what it iz. And what you do now can shape how it might be.
Allow me to propose a few suggestions
about how to handle the natural
resistances that your circumstances
Do not assume that you have to have
some prescribed conditions to do your
best work. Do not wait. Do not wait for
enough time or money to accomplish
what you think you have in mind.
Work with what you have right now.
Work with the people around you right
now. Do not wait for what you assume is
the appropriate, stress-free environment
in which to generate expression.
Do not wait for maturity or insight or
wisdom. Do not wait till you are sure that
you know what you are doing. Do not
wait until you have enough technique.
What you do now, what you make of your
present circumstances will determine the
quality and scope of your future
And at the same time, be patient.