by Eleanor Tullock, Simon Glaister, Dan Schulz
The conversation club is a studio for the production of co-dependent selves and autonomous machines. It focuses on the process of conversation and object-making as a way of gleaning what lies within or beside the cursory world of words and broadcast value systems.
CONVERSATION CLUB TASK 4: CONTRACTS PART 2
For the fourth conversation club please bring:
- Your completed contract formatted and structured according to your contract preference. [SEE: Examples uploaded in Conversation Club 3 Channel]
- Construct and bring a hat as a spatial emergence of part or the whole of your What Matters Statement. FINE PRINT: This can be (but does NOT have to be) a remodelling of your balsa or second model to reflect or disregard the discussion and feedback of Conversation Club 3, of any material, scaled up, down or the same size.
- OPTIONAL: For those who have not yet made a model, we advise that you attempt to spatialise your What Matters statement as balsa wood model, as per Task 1.
Please upload your What Matters Statement and bring a physical copy to every Conversation Club.
CONVERSATION CLUB TASK 3: CONTRACTS
For the third conversation club please bring:
- Your 'What Matters' statement written and formatted as a contract of your choice: pre-nup, procurement, dominant/submissive, Hobbesian social contract, contract of employment, article of incorporation, etc [SEE: Examples to be uploaded in Conversation Club 3 Channel]
- Please remake your model either reflecting the discussion of Conversation Club 2 [Love] or disregarding it. The new model can be of any material and can scale up, down or to the same scale. You may remake the existing model verbatim.
If you have not completed the above materials please attend regardless to contribute to the ongoing conversation.
If you did not attend Conversation Club 2 [on Love] please bring your your What Matters Statement formatted as a contract AND your Session 2 balsa model of your What Matters statement as it encounters the proscribed definition of love. [SEE TASK 2]
CONVERSATION CLUB TASK 2 - Love
“Grief is the love you cannot give to someone or something that is absent.”
“Love is giving something you do not have to something that doesn't exist.”
Design and construct a balsa wood model of your What Matters? Statement as it encounters the above definitions of love.
-create one balsa wood model
-American letter size base
-as tall as you wish
-can be object or non-object
<b>1.2 REQUIRED TASK:</b>
In preparation for the first meeting each participant will be required to produce a one A4 page statement, drawing or diagram of “What Matters?” These What Matters? Statements do not have to be labored, although they can be depending on whether labor matters or not. They will provide the bedrock of the course. They can be changed by any individual at any point during the course.
The first meeting requires the completion of your What matters? Statements and so please bring them along to the first meeting held on <u>Sunday the 17th of June, 6.30pm-8.30pm.</u>