strategy: time focus > task focus
- think of day in terms of time, not tasks
- block out time to important tasks and move on when not finished
- "how can i make the most of this time"
- hard to predict how long something will take, so hard to schedule!
- instead schedule regular intervals of time and get into a routine
- think about how good it'll feel to be done with assignment, and how that'll open up space for you do something you're actually excited about
- stay on top of work so i can focus on the work i want, so if they overlap i'll be done with the shitty task early and will have time to focus on what i love
- i will sacrifice time for the shitty thing so i can have time for the actually important thing
sacrifice time, not tasks
- expect to do all tasks, but control your time
- instead of “I only have 20 minutes to do my work”, think “I have 20 minutes to do my work. If I use this time wisely, I’ll be 20 minutes closer to finishing the task.”