"How does contact with others become enhanced? When we confront and work through our anxiety, when we confront and work through our defensiveness, when we enhance our presence...the predictive...mind...gets in the way of our unmediated perception of others, and being with others." -Brett Wilkinson
"There's no reason to believe you'll ever feel on top of everything, or make time for all that matters." - Oliver Burkeman
"...resisting the seductive temptation to keep your options open, which is really just another way of trying to feel in control, in favor of deliberately making big, daunting, irreversible commitments, which you can't know in advance will turn out for the best, but which reliably prove more fulfilling in the end." - Oliver Burkeman
"Rather than face our limitations, we engage in avoidance strategies, in an effort to carry on feeling limitless. We push ourselves harder, chasing fantasies of the perfect work-life balance, or we implement time-management systems that promise to make time for everything, so that tough choices won't be required, or we procrastinate, which is another means of maintaining omnipotent control over life, because you needn't risk the upsetting experiences at failing at an intimidating project, obviously, if you never even start it." - Oliver Burkeman
"Do not hope, or despair, or predict, or be caught by surprise. Never capitulate—but divide, multiply, transform, conjoin, do. And endure, as you have, all the long day of life." - Richard Powers
"Many of us suffer from what I call Premature Death, in that we have turned away from whole portions of our life. We have adapted to a pattern of ambivalence, neither in nor out of life, but living in a state of suspended animation. This stance generates a strategy of caution and avoidance." - Francis Weller
Ten Essential Questions to Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
1) Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
2) Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or short-term gratification?
3) Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
4) Am I looking for what’s right or am I looking for what’s wrong?
5) Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
6) Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
7) Does this choice empower me or does it disempower me?
8) Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
9) Is this an act or faith or an act of fear?
10) Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?