[higher vibrations?] gratitude, hedonist, concrete
Past — Present — Future
[lower vibrations?] guilt, fatalist, transcendental
Here are steps for changing your attitude and overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts
Label these thoughts as "intrusive thoughts."
Remind yourself that these thoughts are automatic and not up to you.
Accept and allow the thoughts into your mind. Do not try to push them away.
Float, and practice allowing time to pass.
Remember that less is more. Pause. Give yourself time. There is no urgency.
Expect the thoughts to come back again
Continue whatever you were doing prior to the intrusive thought while allowing the anxiety to be present.
Try Not To:
- Engage with the thoughts in any way.
- Push the thoughts out of your mind.
- Try to figure out what your thoughts "mean." Check to see if this is “working” to get rid of the thoughts
“In certain areas of my life, I actively seek out solitude. Especially for someone in my line of work, solitude is, more or less, an inevitable circumstance. Sometimes, however, this sense of isolation, like acid spilling out of a bottle, can unconsciously eat away at a person’s heart and dissolve it. You could see it, too, as a kind of double-edged sword. It protects me, but at the same time steadily cuts away at me from the inside.”
— Haruki Murakami, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
It's a word used to describe feelings of melancholy that are hard to put into words. Like saying bye to your mom at the airport when you're moving across the country is 切ない. Usually comes with the contrast of remembering a good thing happening that isn't necessarily that way anymore like heartbreak or missing someone.
- The more you hate a trait in someone else, the more likely you are avoiding it in yourself.
- People who can’t trust, can’t be trusted.
- The more you try to impress people, the less impressed they’ll be.
- The more you fail, the more likely you are to succeed.
- The more something scares you, the more you should probably do it.
- The more afraid you are of death, the less you’ll be able to enjoy life.
- The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.
- The less you care about others, the less you care about yourself.
- The more connected we get, the more isolated we feel.
- The more you’re afraid to fail, the more likely you are to fail.
- The harder you push for something, the harder it will feel to achieve.
- The more available something is, the less you will want it.
- The best way to meet someone else is to not need to be with someone else.
- The more honest you are about your faults, the more people will think you’re perfect.
- The more you try to keep someone close, the further away you’ll push them.
- The more you try to argue with someone, the less likely you are to convince them of your perspective.
- The more choices you have, the less satisfied you are with each one
- The more convinced someone is that they’re right, the less they probably know.
- The only certainty is that nothing is ever certain.
- The only constant is change