You have to be curious about the world in which you live. Look things up. Chase down every reference. Go deeper than anybody else - that's how you'll get ahead. (p. 19)
Kleon, A. (2012). Steal Like An Artist. Ten Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative. Workman Publishing Company: New York.
To love someone long-term is to attend a thousand funerals of the people they used to be, The people they're too exhausted to be any longer. The people they don't recognise inside themselves anymore. The people they grew out of, the people they never ended up growing into. We so badly want the people we love to get their spark back when it burns out; to become speedily found when they are lost.
But it is not our job to hold anyone accountable to the people they used to be It is our job to travel with them between each version and to honour what emerges along the way. Sometimes it will be an even more luminescent flame," the quote continued, closing with: "Sometimes it will be a flicker that disappears and temporarily floods the room with a perfect and necessary darkness - Heidi Priebe
6 Habits of Super Learners
Read a lot
Reading is exercise for your mind. It allows us to roam the expanse of space, time, history, and offer a deeper view of ideas, concepts, emotions, and body of knowledge.
View learning as a process
Learning is a journey, not a destination. Keep mastering new principles, processes, worldviews, thinking models, etc.
Adopt a growth mindset
A growth mindset is a learning theory that revolves around the belief that you can improve intelligence, ability, and performance.
Teach others what you know
Learners retain 90% of what they learn when they explain/teach the concept to someone else, or use it immediately. The ultimate test of your knowledge is your capacity to transfer it to another.
Take care of your brain
The health of your brain can significantly change how you record, process, and retrieve information. Eat foods that prevent cognitive decline: blueberries, leafy greens, whole grains, protein from fish and legumes, unsaturated fats.
Take short breaks, early and often
Downtime is crucial to retaining anything you learn. Taking breaks gives your brain time to recover, helps you learn better, and improves your retention rate.
Ten Essential Questions to Guide You To An Extraordinary Life
1) Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
2) Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or short-term gratification?
3) Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
4) Am I looking for what’s right or am I looking for what’s wrong?
5) Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
6) Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
7) Does this choice empower me or does it disempower me?
8) Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
9) Is this an act or faith or an act of fear?
10) Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?
Keep your solitude. The day, if it ever comes, when you are given true affection there will be no opposition between interior solitude and friendship, quite the reverse. It is even by this infallible sign that you will recognize it.
∆ Simone Weil, “Love” (trans. Emma Craufurd), Simone Weil: An Anthology