Thoughts before Easter Break:
What am I trying to do?
- Critique this notion of 'behind the scenes' by making it self-aware
- Test the value of social capital
- Make people feel uncomfortable (?)
Things to focus on:
- Collect a diversity of material & push in different directions
- Keep making! Don't think too much about what form the final work will take yet...
- Experiment with broadcasting - how is this recieved?
- How is the stage defined? - the stage is now seen from all angles... (more like an ampitheatre)
- You can never truly see backstage because the camera is still on
- What is social capital worth?
- interactions with my house mates as social capital
- At what point does social capital become exploitation? - do we become victims of our own success?...
- When does this intimacy get pushed too far?...
- Intimate moments as performance
- The notion of 'live' broadcasting - no room or opportunity for editing...
- How covid has intensified the way we are all socially commodified
- A performance is developed through the repetition of rehearsal
Update: I'm thinking that what I can make, does not need to be a whole music video, at least not at first. It can be more like a short film, including some part of the song...
My project started off being about identity, but it has become more and more about reality. I guess this is because I've realised that identity depends on your perception of reality.