This channel appears in
Lecture 2: A History of Post-Internet (digitally networked) Publishing, 1989-present
OK, maybe 1969-present
Cultural & Technical Histories Intertwined
From Physical to Digital and from Digital to Networked Media
Lecture 2: A History of Post-Internet (…
Lenses to Look With 🧐
- What are the affordances of the technology being used?
- What are the skeuomorphs evident in a publication?
- What kind of audience does this artifact speak to?
- What kind of community does it create? Who gravitates towards it?
- How much does it cost? Not only in $, but in participation, access (blood, sweat and tears) as well?
- What are the incentives? Do you buy once, or subscribe for a duration?
- What is the business model? Selling an object, paying for access, being part of a community, conspicuous consumption?
- How does this fit into a larger social system?
Publishing History 1989-2020 lenses