- Take a walk at night in the neighborhood to look at a house, se an illuminated window, a curtain drawn - the color - get an impression behind the curtain
- Little bits of info - I assume life behind it to fill in the bits
- It was up to me to fill it in fictional deployments of associating
- Gives me access to an imaginary room
- The blueprint of a house
- I have this talent for trickery. Reverse engineering what I’ve experience.d Sorta like set design, that implies a story, but I’m not going to worry about story
- I know the walls of the set - how the minds work - set up possibilities not in modernist works. Find new worlds.
“When I think of her photography practice and how it informed her larger body of work, I often reflect on the walks she took with her students throughout Los Angeles using a ‘viewfinder’ as a tool,” says Scott, referring to the pieces of paper punctuated with small square apertures or the blank 35 mm slides used in class. “The finders function similarly to a camera lens, to help examine details within a larger visual field. Rather than the act of trying to take in everything at once, this practice encourages the eye to appreciate the distinct parts within a whole picture. This type of assignment requires faith in being truly present and often leads to a discovery in the everyday that was previously overlooked.”