1. Art is a space in culture for thinking about ideas.
2. Art is not defined by materials or means of production but the context in which it appears, discussed and analyzed.
3. Art is a great excuse to do stuff you want to do.
4. Great ideas show up every day, there's no reason to be stingy with them.
5. Thinking happens with other people.
6. There is nothing wrong with creating beautiful things but there is something depressing about making unique collectables for the wealthy.
7. Interesting human beings can sustain multiple contradictory belief systems without dying from cognitive dissonance.
8. Your friends are your first and best audience.
9. Small, grassroots, and intimate is better than large, corporate, and formal.
10. Successful artists are empathic and can imagine themselves as the audience of their own work.