“The ability to ask beautiful questions, often in very unbeautiful moments, is one of the great disciplines of a human life. And a beautiful question starts to shape your identity as much by asking it as it does by having it answered. And you don’t have to do anything about it. You just have to keep asking. And before you know it, you will find yourself actually shaping a different life, meeting different people, finding conversations that are leading you in those directions that you wouldn’t even have seen before.”
— David Whyte, On Being interview “The Conversational Nature of Reality”
- what do we want?
- are we okay with this?
- what are the fears that we are trying to care for that is driving our work together?
- what are our desires & hopes that are driving our work?
- what makes us hesitant?
- how have we created trust, here?
- are we including everyone we need to include?
- are we being honest about our capacity?
- are we supportive of thoughtful disagreement and conflict?