Code of Practice:
- Wear the uniform
- Think long term (like 30 years from now)
- Build stories and languages, not things
- Create your own universe (or join ours)
- Collect samples
- Be a sample for somebody else
- Look for loyalty, not for a skill set
- Do not build utilitarian products. However, use them as a medium to express yourself
- Do not exploit introverts — doesn't work long term. Learn to be an introvert yourself
- Travel more
- Do not work for corporations. Old corporations were meaningful when their founders were alive, but now, they have outlived their relevancy. They exist only to keep their numbers growing
- New corporations are no better. They have scaled up features, and today’s founders want hyper-growth for growth’s sake (it seems like every line of code, every feature deserves its own corporation — it sure doesn't)
- So, fuck the corporations
- Tell the truth (bullshit never works long term)
- Study and research fashion
- Your phone is a temporary feature — don’t spend your life on it (like you wouldn’t spend it on a fax machine)
- Fuck likes, followers, fake lives, fake friends
- Remake your environment. Build it for yourself, and people will come
- Only trust those who make things you love
- Move to LA
- Don’t buy property
- Don’t go to Mars (just yet)
- Use only one font, just a few colors, and just a few shapes
- Use spreadsheets, but only to map out the next 30 years — one cell for each year
- The next three are the most important
- The past doesn’t exist — don’t get stuck in it
- Don’t go to Silicon Valley (it’s not for you if you’re still reading this)
- Remind yourself daily: you and everyone you know will die
- We must build the most beautiful things
- We are 2046 kids
ToS [Terms of Service] 2021
When I work for somebody, we actually work together
I don't care about my authorship much; I just try to help
I don't really follow any trends, more personal vibe
I give up perfection, let's enjoy the creative process
I don't support any form of oppression or user manipulation
I set the price based on the current situation of the person
I am open to exchange my help for another service
I am a ̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶ designer.
I don‘t create tools for marketing purposes.
I develop tools to make a life of ordinary people easier.
I don‘t care if my aesthetic is trendy.
I don‘t believe in originality.
I give up my authorship.
I am not a solo player.
I focus on long-term cooperation.
I create rituals.
I am present.
Every time I am sure about something, I am probably wrong.
I know nothing, I start from that point.
I question everything, and I try to find out more.
(Ignorance is hurting my soul; knowledge makes it more stable.)
Knowledge is infinitive, but my life is not, I don‘t worry about not getting it all.
I create positive habits: I am what I continuously do every day.
I make things: thinking leads to thinking, making leads to making.
I understand other‘s points of view through empathy.
(But that doesn‘t mean I always agree.)
I ask for their intentions. I ask for my intentions.
I follow my intuition.
I limit my time in the simulation.
I search for the real world.