“They always build as if they expect to live for eternity; they always eat as if they expect to die the next day”- Plato on the people of Agrigento
Plato on Sicilians
- Do I write to remember or to forget?
- Following feet on paths trodden
- A series of still shots that capture a subject through an obscuring material (glass bricks, wires, nets, etc)
- A response to my terroir: an archaeological excavation of bioregion-specific matter
- an extension of Jose Luis Guerin's "Correspondence", but of myself and the people my work speak to
- a collaboration with a drone operator to capture a series of images unearthing the roots of our terrain
- a collection of audio recordings that document conversations starting with the following quote: “clarity can dilutes, there can be much more lucidity in the shadows"
- Tree roots petrified. What does the past sound like? An audio recording of pieces of petrified wood hitting each other like an instrument. What sounds does it bring up? A vision of the past? A glimpse into another reality.
"Silence is not the absence of something but the presence of everything."
- Gordon Hempton
Gordon Hempton on silence