- parrent all objects to one major
- set modifier to a major object (make sure that you set a Constant Offset distance for array modifier).
- select all childrens object and link modifiers
This solution works good if you add curve (deform) modifier and you need each object (group) to be deformed.
- create plane object
- parent all objects in the group to this plane
- add array modifier to this plane
- set in the Object properties of the plane Instancing from None to the Faces
If you add curve (deform) modifier (to plane object) in this case - all arrayed objects (in group/parent) are placed on the curve, but each object does not deform itself
Clarity of intent will translate in to clarity of result
and that is of paramount importance in Design.
– Massimo Vignelli