- Not making new things. Things that exist are already fascinating.
- "Uncreative writing"
- Finding narratives and ideologies behind common or overlooked objects and structures
- Finding out how things got to be a certain way
- Restoring credit and resources that were stolen from marginalized people
- OR revealing racism/misogyny/bias in things we take for granted
- Challenging myths of genius and single author
- Satisfying my wide-ranging curiosity: there are whole worlds out there for everything