From Neil Postman’s lecture Seven Questions for any new technology:
- What is the problem that this new technology solves?
- Whose problem is it?
- What new problems do we create by solving this problem?
- Which people and institutions will be most impacted by a technological solution?
- What changes in language occur as the result of technological change?
- Which shifts in economic and political power might result when this technology is adopted?
- What alternative (and unintended) uses might be made of this technology?