As our attention span dwindles, we find ourselves consuming ever more 'easy' media: media that has been synthesized and simplified for our comfort and convenience, meant to be inhaled instead of thought about, stuffed with commercial images and moods.
- Record ideas as they emerge
- Suspend all critical judgement until the end of the session. Idea production is ten times greater when imagination isn't restricted by judicial attitudes.
- Quantity is important. The more ideas, the greater the likelihood of success.
- Set a goal for how many ideas you want to come up with. Make the number so large that you will have to stretch to achieve your goal.
- Use and build on the ideas of others.